Sunday, August 7, 2011

Back to School Fun Series: Mod Podge Clip Board

Back to school is closer than ever and I wanted to share with you a series of crafty projects that will inspire learning and organization ( that look pretty anyway). My philosophy is to make your work area or study area pretty and colorful. It is more fun that way, right? I am taking basics that we all use for anything related to organizing our work space. Today I am making over a basic clip board with ribbon, scrapbook paper and Mod Podge. My work area is usually covered with clipboards, notebooks, pencils, folders,etc. If the items are all pretty then it doesn't look so messy, at least that is how I feel about it. The total cost of the project was really inexpensive. The paper was left over from the Bathroom Redo, Mod Podge was about $7 for a medium size bottle ( I only used about 1/4, plenty left over for another project). The ribbon was something I already had and the clip boards were about $1.50 each. I gathered all of my supplies and played mix and match for a while until I found 2 different sheets of scrapbook paper and 2 different kinds of ribbon.
;
I'm in a green and purple mood :)
Trace the clipboard on the back of the pretty paper.
I wanted to have both papers on each side in some way.



Apply a generous amount of Mod Podge with a foam brush.
Carefully position your paper on the surface and apply another layer of Mod Podge.
Layer ribbons with Mod Podge in between and on top.



I used a pencil to prevent the clip from sticking to the board. The extra glue just peeled off the shinny clip.



I added a pretty pom pom of ribbon to the top. You just take your ribbons all together and wrap them around your hand until it is all wrapped around your hand. I then secured it with a piece of wire and cut the loop of ribbons. the wire came in handy when I attached it to the clip board.
Pretty little clip board.
That was so much fun I think I will do it again. This time I'm in the mood for blue and green.
They are such a cute couple, aren't they?
 I'm looking forward to sharing more Back to School fun with you this week. So stop by often to check out what I'm crafting up to make work, school or study a little more creative.

Cori Ann

5 comments:

  1. Cute project! I especially like the blue and green one.
    Thanks for following and leaving a comment on my blog! I am returning the favor. I look forward to seeing what else you Come up with.
    --Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great for organization! I'd love it of you'd share this with WorkShop Wednesday. It woud make a great addition to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Cori Ann! I don't have kids, but my clipboard needs some bling! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Gotta love a pretty clip board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, CoriAnn! It's been a few months, but I featured your clipboard idea as part of my Inspired Noel series! http://junescottinspiredby.blogspot.com/2011/11/inspired-by-noel-inspiration-2.html Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete